Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Welcome Gluttonites

Greetings and welcome,

I'm Scott your official host and moderator of The Sensory Glutton. When I get my act together I'll post some general themes and take suggestions on topics you'd like to see covered on these pages. I do have a job and life though so I'm probably going to let you down with my inability to actually follow through on these hollow promises in anything resembling a reasonable timeline.

OK here's why you should care (or not): I've spent the majority of my professional life tasting things and getting paid for it. I remember holding up the production of an entire factory while the process engineers, factory managers, and chemical engineers sat waiting for me to pronounce subjective, sensory oriented judgement on products they had painstakingly made. For a person with a BA in History and Philosophy this is a pretty high achievement no matter how juvenile it may seem. Prior to that I told my mom her cooking sucked and used to hide food I didn't like in my tube socks and various house plants and/or pockets, furniture, etc. occaisionally trying to pawn it off on the dog who wouldn't take it ...the bastard.

No comments: